Divers have been using a combination Inflator/Regulator now for years. It’s a convenient and effective alternative to a dedicated octopus second stage.
THE SS1 ADVANTAGE
The SS1 is the highest quality and most reliable inflator/regulator available. Key components are machined of 316 Stainless Steel or Titanium for corrosion resistance and long service life. Featuring the patented Atomic Aquatics Seat Saving Dynamic Orifice, the SS1 provides an unparalleled 2-year / 300-dive service interval and a limited lifetime warranty. Large buttons make pneumatic or oral inflation/deflation easy. SS1 installs on most brands of BCs with a patented adapter system. A unique and convenient quick disconnect allows for easy removal from the BC for storage.
AIR SHARING WITH THE SS1
Since the SS1 breathes as easily as a primary, there is one important difference in air sharing with an SS1 over a standard octopus. The diver switches from their primary to breathing from the SS1, then offers the primary to their buddy. This is for two important reasons. Since the SS1 is attached to the shorter BC hose, it will not easily reach the out-of-air diver. And the SS1 diver can also keep buoyancy control and maintain control of the situation.
STREAMLINED. ADAPTABLE. DEPENDABLE.
The sleek design of the SS1 combines two pieces of dive gear into one, reducing the overall bulk and weight of your dive system. The SS1 is only slightly larger than a standard BC inflator and has only one low-pressure hose from your first stage that feeds both the BC inflator and the back-up regulator. The SS1 has a low-profile elliptical design allowing it to lay flat on the BCD for streamlined performance.
- Patented Atomic Titanium Seat Saving Dynamic Orifice prevents wear of the low-pressure seat that extends the service interval and improves reliability.
- Titanium lever is the link to your air supply and will never fail due to rust or corrosion.
- The SS1 is compatible for EAN mixtures up to 50% Oxygen.
- Integrated flexible purge cover allows purge of the regulator when depressed anywhere on the cover surface.
- High-flow LP hose & disconnect is interchangeable with many other models yet smaller size and lighter in weight.
- Low-profile elliptical design allows the body of the SS1 to lie flat against the BC keeping it out of the way and reducing drag.
- Quick disconnect not only on the low-pressure hose, but the BCD hose as well
- SS1 offers pneumatic or oral inflation for buoyancy control and back-up breathing in one small package.
- Titanium Components:
- Inflation/Deflation Stem
- Demand Valve Body
- Lever High-Strength Metal Will Never-Fail Due to Rust or Corrosion
- Titanium & 316-Grade Stainless Steel Quick Disconnect